Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think she may have eaten some broken glass. she hasn't

Customer Question

i think she may have eaten some broken glass. she hasn't eaten today, has vomited (liquid) two or three times this evening, a couple of times has whined when she lies down.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: she's called Missie and she's 8 months old, a wire haired dachshund
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Missie?
Customer: she's a bit subdued and lately likes to lie down in a safe place (under my chair), but was quite frisky and normal on her walks today
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. If you have reason to believe your dog ate a foreign object, especially something sharp such as glass, and she is having decreased appetite, vomiting,and abdominal pain, then I would consider this a medical emergency and she needs veterinary attention right away. This isn't a matter you want to use a "wait and see" approach with, because if she does have glass that is stuck in her digestive tract, waiting could be detrimental.