Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Our pom ate raw potatoes 5 days ago and has had a very

Customer Question

our pom ate raw potatoes 5 days ago and has had a very sensitive stomach(to touch) since monday. what can wedo?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Zeus! hes a 9.5 lb mini pom
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zeus?
Customer: He is 13 and was in fine health before that incident. He knocked the trash over and I thought he got greasy meat scraps. Now i think he ate the potto skins that were spread all over.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Your poor little guy, Zeus, has a mild digestive disturbance due to this ingestion of a high carbohydrate food. Follow these instructions:

Fast Zeus for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give him Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If Zeus is feeling better, wean him back to his regular diet. If he is still not feeling well, it is time to take Zeus to your vet for testing to be sure we have not missed something such as Diabetes.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****