Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog's underside is completely soaked. She doesn't usually

Customer Question

My dog's underside is completely soaked. She doesn't usually sweat, so this concerns me.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: She has been intermittently incontinent (she is going through chemo), but she feels like she is soaked in sweat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: She had proin for the first time today
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now unlike people, dogs don't have many sweat glands on their body. Instead, sweating happens at the paw pads and areas without fur. Therefore, for her to be soaked is much more suspicious of a urinary accident or excessively drooling. Given her history, we'd be most suspicious of urine here. Though if there is little odor then we do need to tread with care. This is because we can see dogs produce large volumes of watery/dilute urine and have accidents (since their bladder isn't used to being filled so fast) when the dog isn't concentrating urine as they should be. This can be due to dysfunction of the liver or kidney, heart disease, urinary tract infections, and with some conditions that increase their thirst or calcium levels (the latter being something some cancer types like lymphoma can do).

Therefore, we'd want to keep a close eye on her just now and plan to collect and submit a urine sample to her vet once they are open. This can be tested to confirm dilution and rule out infection. Depending on those findings, you may need her vet to check bloods to make sure her organs are all working as they should. And based on that, your vet can start treatment to address this as quickly as possible.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet