Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She is acting strangely. She stands and her head shakes, nor

Customer Question

She is acting strangely. She stands and her head shakes, nor fast. She threw up. She was standing still, head shaking, and now, is asleep. Shitzu.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Shitzu eat anything unusual?
Customer: I haven't seen her eat anything unusual. We have been outside for a few hours with the dogs roaming around. Her name is Zevah.
JA: How old is Zevah?
Customer: About 2 years.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zevah?
Customer: No. Normal health and weight. She has had the same food brand for 1.5 years. She had her meds, flea, heart worm etc, about a week ago and has never reacted to them like this.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I would like to help with your question.

That is certainly strange behavior.... I do have a few more questions that will help me understand what is going on. When did the shaking start? When her head was shaking, was she willing to walk around and could she walk without stumbling. Now that she is sleeping, is everything normal... no shaking while she is sleeping right?