Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

I dont have a car and two dogs one is 3.5 lbs other 16 lbs

Customer Question

i dont have a car and two dogs one is 3.5 lbs other 16 lbs can get a six month pill for fleas and ticks for them online without a vet looking at them? i need it bad
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 8 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I am sorry you seem to be having flea an tick troubles with your pet and lack of transportation is a definite hindrance to getting over the counter flea/tick preventatives. Typically flea/tick pills are not available without them seeing a veterinarian first, but you can purchase topical flea/tick preventatives online without a visit in most cases.

I would only recommend visiting either Dr's Foster and Smith http://www.drsfostersmith.com/dog-supplies/flea-tick/ps/c/3307/6 or PetRx.com for flea/tick preventative options. My top choices are the Seresto collar (flea/tick preventative that lasts up to 8 months) or Advantix topical. Best of luck!

Is there anything else I can assist you and your pets with today?

- Dr. H

Hi this is Dr. Holloway again. I just wanted to check in to see if you received my recommendations ok and if everything is panning out well with your pets. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you and don't forget to leave a rating for me for the information that was given as this is how I am credited with assisting you and your pets. Thanks and I hope all is well! : )

- Best regards,

Dr. H

Hi Roger,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rocky. How is everything going?
Drhollowayvet