Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

My name is ***** *****. My granddaughter just informed me

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. My granddaughter just informed me that my 5 yr. old rough collie eat her kinetic sand while I was in the hospital a couple days ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I lb bag of kinetic sand
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: probably eaten Sunday My collie is still eating her food. I am woried about it passing through her system or the sand cutting her intestines.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your predicament! Whether or not this causes and issue will likely depend on the amount of sand ingested. A small amount will likely pass through her system. The problem arises if she at a large amount of the sand as it can form a conglomeration/ball of sand in the stomach or intestines.

If you want to ease your mind, you can have your vet take an x-ray of her belly, to check for a ball of the sand causing an obstruction.

If she has been eating and drinking and energetic as normal, with no vomiting and no abdominal pain, then perhaps she ingested a small amount and it has passed through her system already. But if she does develop any of those signs, she should be seen right away.

Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay