Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog is breathing rapidlly, he is almost 5 years old

Customer Question

my dog is breathing rapidlly, he is almost 5 years old dachsund
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just noticed his shortness of breath today, he sleeping ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get help from an expert until now. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is he still breathing hard; do you still need help with him? Breathing hard can be a sign of pain, stress, fever, or a problem with the heart or lungs but since he is only 5 that is less likely. You should check his gums to see if they are a normal pink color or if they seem pale.