Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Sheltie got t pretty much square in s right eye with a

Customer Question

My Sheltie got hit pretty much square in his right eye with a small chuck it rubber ball. He squealed once when it happened and took a few seconds to regain his train of thought. I didn't notice anything visually right away. Now about 2 hours later his eyeball is looking about half rolled up and the white part is looking a little red, I am almost certain he still has vision, and is not complaining what so ever! Other than not wanting me checking him out around his head. How serious does this sound? Is it possible to wait till morning for a vet check or is this an emergency I should have looked at right away?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ringo, and he is almost 5.5 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ringo,?
Customer: No other medical history, and he is a very tough guy
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Are you seeing swelling around the eye?

Any haze/clouding on the clear eye cover (cornea)?

Any tearing or discharge?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek