Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

My dog French bulldog just licked up a small pea size spot

Customer Question

Hi, my dog French bulldog just licked up a small pea size spot in circumference of Method dish soap on the floor? It's been 15 mins, she's now on the couch cuddling with me. She's 22lbs? Do I rush her to Vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your problem! It is unlikely that this tiny amount of soap will cause your dog any problems. These types of soap can be irritating to the mouth/espohagus and stomach though, and occasionally so GI upset will occur, but in the tiny amount you are describing I think it unlikely. To be safe, you can try to rinse his mouth with some water to remove any soap reside. If tomorrow he is showing signs of discomfort of the mouth (decreased appetite, excessive drooling), or vomiting, then you should call your vet for an exam and to get a prescription of medication to help soothe his stomach.

Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. Thank you and good luck!