Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

It has been 3 1/2 weeks since by dogs eyes (eye lids) are

Customer Question

it has been 3 1/2 weeks since by dogs eyes (eye lids) are swollen. vet prescribed antibiotic , prednisone, topical ointment and ointment to put inside the eye.
It seems to get worst than better. The eye specialist for animals told me that my dog has a bacteria called neisseria and fungus Alternan species...She still wants my dog to continue on the antibiotic, prednisone and the topical ointment. going on the 4th weeks.
I am really concerned.
Please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this......it is true that it takes quite a while to get rid of certain bacteria and fungi....but if your dog looks no better than I would seek a second opinion. I know you are indicating that you are seeing an ophthalmologist but I would recommend seeing if we can get you into a college of veterinary medicine where there will be a team of specialists that can help your dog. Please tell me where you live and I will help you find someone that can help you. Let me know your city or the largest city you are near. I will find someone for you. Sincerely, DRB

Please rate my answer as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up questions! Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

If I am not online when you come back to the site please feel free to leave any questions you have here and I will get back to your before end of tomorrow night. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Did you need further help? Sincerely, DRB

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi there,
i live in glendale california...close to Los Angeles...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the doctor wants to do a biopsy....now i am very very worried ...since they did a culture
Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Are you seeing a board certified veterinary ophthalmologist? Please let me know because if not we need to fine you one.

How far is Glendale from Davis California where UC Davis is located? There is a college of veterinary medicine there and I feel your dog would be better off there......let me know and I will get back to you tonight. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in with you, let me know if you want a referral. Sincerely, DRB