Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a yellow lab about 6 years old last night she had a

Customer Question

Hello I have a yellow lab about 6 years old last night she had a lump on her hip didn't know if it was a spider bite today lump is bigger hand she is walking slow little bit of a limp seems to get worse the later in the day
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: the Benadryl seemed to work last night none give as of yet
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is so misleading states you have someone to talk to me I put my credit card info in and its states 1 day to 10 min what a joke how do I stop my payment??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Calling my credit card company !!
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry that it has taken so long to get to your question....it looks like it just came up. I am happy to help if you would allow me to...

Such a lump that has come on so suddenly is usually an allergic reaction to an insect bite or something else. It was good to give the Benadryl but since that sis not help, this may be either an abscess growing or a fatty benign tumor. The dose of Benadryl is 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs and I would recommend giving that. Since it appears that this may be painful to your gal, this may be an abscess and the treatment for this is hot compresses applied to this area every 4-6 hrs. which will draw out any infection that may be there. If your gal has eaten, also give her aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs to help reduce pain and inflammation.

Of course , if this continues, take your gal to your vet in the morning. This does not appear serious but may require drainage or other treatments aside form what I have just recommended.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta