Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
An overdose of Vitamin D can be very serious for your sweet guy. If this has been within 2 hrs, induce vomiting by giving your guy peroxide at 3 tablespoons....if he has not vomited within 15 minutes, do it again...you can safely do this 3 times. This will remove all of this toxic material from your guy. If this has been longer than 2 hrs, take your guy to your vet who will perform a gastric lavage and possibly activated charcoal to get your guy past this.
This LINK will explain in more detail.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.Sincerely, ***** *****
That is perfect as long as it has been less than 2 hrs....most likely all of the toxic material has been removed. Watch for signs that are listed in the LINK I gave you but , in most cases, your guy will be fine. Your vet can also give activated charcoal but that may not be required. I believe your guy will be fine.