Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
This is very toxic to dogs and the treatment is inducing vomiting and gastric lavage by your vet within a 2 hr window. It only takes a small amount that will cause serious hypoglycemia so it is important, even though Bull is 90 pounds, to take him to the ER vet this morning because this is SO TOXIC. This LINK will explain in more detail. Since this can cause death, be proactive and take your Bull to the ER vet just to be safe even though he has vomited.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.Sincerely, ***** *****