Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Not much... she's behaving normally... but she recently

Customer Question

Not much... she's behaving normally... but she recently turned 8... and I just noticed a white little line in her eyes, one in each...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Estefania, she's a white boxer, 8yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Estefania?
Customer: Not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

At Estefania's age, this is the time that cataracts will begin and this can show as a white line. It is important to have your vet examine Estafania to be sure. This could also be due to scar tissue but that would usually show in only one eye. Ctaracts are not serious early but they can become serious later in life and surgery can resolve this. Make sure to have your vet run athorough eye exam to know for sure what is happening.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is exactly what I was thiking it could be... they are both very small and present in both eyes. One very small white line in each eye... I will get in contact with her vet then to see what would be the best course of action...

Good for you....since it is both eyes, this may be cataracts or scar tissue but your vet will know after testing what will be best for your sweet Estefania.