Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

There are two growths hanging by a thin string of tissue

Customer Question

There are two growths hanging by a thin string of tissue from his belly.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is a rescue. We call him Arlo and ni idea of his age...though he is old. We guess at least 10.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Arlo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Arlo?
Customer: He appears to be a pure bred Walker Coonhound.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

Those growths are termed pedunculated - attached by a peduncle - that thin string of tissue. They're unsightly but invariably benign. They're easy to snip away after clamping them off and tying of the blood vessels running through the peduncle. This is a job for Arlo's vet! Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of these growths to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?