Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have the same exact situation, 1.5 year old Weim, same

Customer Question

hello, I have the same exact situation, 1.5 year old Weim, same color, and same lump, same spot ( inch or two under the eye) were you able to diagnose the reason for that bump?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have attached two pictures of the lump. he is eating fine, and has good energy. he did vomit this morning.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

It's unclear to me to whom you're asking your question. The "lump" is likely to represent facial lymph node lymphadenopathy (swelling of the lymph nodes). Lymph nodes drain areas of inflammation and so a search for that inflammation nearby the lump should be made - it could be in the mouth, nose, or eyes. Even lymphoma - cancer of the lymph nodes is a consideration although less likely in such a young dog. The node can be needle aspirated and the aspirate examined microscopically by our pathologist who would look at the cells in the aspirate as well as for infectious agents.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.