Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Pomeranien is squinting her left eye. I have been bathing

Customer Question

Hello, my Pomeranien is squinting her left eye. I have been bathing it with warm salted water, which she is happy to let me do. She is eating, running around after her ball, but is not as enthusiastic as usual. I have an appointment on Wednesday this week for a regular injection, can I wait til then or should I go to an emergency vet. She will be 13yo in June.
Thank you.
Helen.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is there any discharge coming from the eye? Can you tell if there is any damage to the eyeball at all?