Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

MY DOG WAS AT THE GROOMERS TODAY AND NOW IS SCOOTING, SHE

Customer Question

MY DOG WAS AT THE GROOMERS TODAY AND NOW IS SCOOTING
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: SHE WAS AT THE GROOMERS TODAY AND CAME HOME SCOOTING AND VERRY SKITTISH. SHE IS WHINING AND JETTING FROM ONE PART OF THE HOUSE TO THE OTHER. CAN I GIVE RIMADYL OR TRAMADOL. WILL IT HELP?
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: IT APPEARS FROM HER UNDERSIDE AND ANAL AREA
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: CANNOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG, COULD RELEASING THE ANAL GLANDS CAUSE THIS
JA: Is your dog eating normally?
Customer: SHE DID AT DINNER LAST NIGHT, BUT SHE WAS REALLY SKITTISH. SHE IS WHINING NOW AND NOT SURE WHAT I CAN DO
JA: Is your dog having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: SHE PEED AND POOPED ONCE WE GOT HOME LAST NIGHT, BUT SHE
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: WAS TRYING TO SIT DOWN WHILE WE WERE WALKING. SHE FINALLY WENT TO THE BATHROOM BUT IT TOOK AWHILE
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED, SHE APPEARSTO BE VERY SENSITIVE TO HER PRIVATE AREAS. WE HAD A NEW GROOMER AND I ASKED THEM NOT TO SHAVE HER AROUND HER PRIVATE AREAS,THEY DID NOT SHAVE HER AT ALL. SO I AM CONFUSED AS TO WHY SHE IS ACTING THIS WAY. ONE VET CALLED HER A DRAMA QUEEN
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Based on the signs you have reported, I wouldn't call your lass a drama queen. Instead, I'd be concerned that the groomer's handling of the anal glands may have caused inflammation or injury to the glands. Therefore, if you have either Rimadyl or Tramadol on hand that has been prescribed for her, they can be used here. I would start with the Rimadyl (after food, of course) as it is a pain reliever and will reduce inflammation. If you give this and she is still sore, you can follow with the Tramadol as needed. And we can continue that for a few days to make sure this discomfort is settled and she comfortable. Of course, if her signs linger or you see any blood; we'd want to plan to have her vet check this to make sure the glands haven't been damaged with handling.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
MY DOG WEIGHS 18 POUNDS, WHAT DOSAGE OF TRAMADOL AND RIMADYL SHOULD I
GIVE HER?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again,

Now if the medication was dispensed for her, the doses on the label should be followed. Otherwise, an 18lb dog, could have a 36mg of Rimadyl once daily and 16-25mg of Tramadol every 8 hours if needed.

All the best,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
THANK YOU DR. VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

You are very welcome. :)

Take care,

Dr. B.

**Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

**I would be very grateful if you can rate my recent answer to your question, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). If you have any lingering questions, please reply to me. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)