Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello. Thanks for the question.
This dose of ingestion (50 mg/kg) is well below the dose that it takes to cause liver toxicity in dogs. That dose is 100 mg/kg. With this ingestion, we can see some GI upset (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea). I wouldn't expect these signs to last more than 12-24 hours.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
I would offer water as you normally would. You don't have to force it. You don't need a vet for this, though.