Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog had a bladder infection which was treated with

Customer Question

my dog had a bladder infection which was treated with antibiotics and then another urine analysis was done and the crystals and infection were gone but she was leaking so they gave her stilbestrol 0.5mg every 24 hours she has been one these for 2 weeks and today I noticed she is having a hard time peeing but she is still leaking
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bo?
Customer: she is eating Royal Canadian urinary so food so she doesn't get crystal agina again
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
JA: Waiting to talk to the expert reminds me of the time I talked to an expert when I had problems with my new cats. My three cats all came from a rescue mission and were scrawny scared little creatures when I got them. Who could ever be mean to a cat?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Bo's dysuria (difficulty urinating) is a clue that either infection has returned and/or calculi (stones) are present. She'll need another urinalysis performed and this time a bacterial culture and sensitivity of her urine as well and X-rays or ultrasound of her urinary tract should be performed looking for calculi. Diethylstilbesterol shouldn't be administered until it has been confirmed that infection is nonexistent and calculi aren't present. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.