Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Moved from UT to TX, 3yr old Border Collie scratching and

Customer Question

Moved from UT to TX, 3yr old Border Collie scratching and loosing hair a lot on belly & legs. I thought climate change & nerves from move but still excessive after 3 months. No fleas, no hot spots, bathed every2-3 weeks, what can I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry to hear your Lux is having such difficulties with her new environment. It does sound like environmental allergies since it has gotten worse with the move. Your options include:

- Allergy testing which will hone in on the cause of her allergies and begin hyposensitization either orally or injectable to desensitize her to the allergens. CLICK HERE for more information
- Apoquel which is a medication used to treat allergies orally and has had huge success in a lot of patients but cost can be an issue as well as availability as it is an allocated medication (not readily available by all veterinarians). CLICK HERE for more information on this option

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope that she is doing better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!