Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, this is Dr. Jess.I am sorry to hear about your puppy! Hopefully since it sounds like a very small amount that was ingested she won't experience any problems, but comet usually does contain bleach or bleach like products which can cause irritation of the mouth, esophagus, and stomach lining. The most common symptom we see is vomiting and drooling. If she does begin vomiting, then I would recommend seeking veterinary care, as she will need a prescription for medication to treat the ulcerations in her stomach. Right now, I would take a wash rash and wipe out her tongue and mouth if she will allow you, to try to remove any of the material that may still be in her mouth. I would then give her milk if you have it, if not then water, orally several times in the next few hours.
You can also try flushing his mouth with water or milk if you have a syringe or turkey baster. Try initially to keep his face pointed down because we want to avoid him swallowing any of the material that may still be in his mouth.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your questions. Thank you and good luck!