Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has a tumor which has grown significantly. Now both back

Customer Question

He has a tumor which has grown significantly. Now both back legs are swollen and leaking fluid.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: He is 16 years old.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your 16 year old. The swelling you're seeing is likely to represent lymphedema. The lymph vessels of his back legs would be clogged with cancer cells that have metastasized from the tumor. I regret that you're going to have a difficult decision to make soon.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.