Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

A ring around the dog's tail that is rough skin with

Customer Question

A ring around the dog's tail that is rough skin with significantly less hair. No inflammation, no redness, swelling or moistness. Just dry rough skin in a ring around the dog's tail. It is several inches from the base of the tail. This is the second of this breed we have had that has this.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: This one, Cameron
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cameron?
Customer: Not really. Lately he has had some stomach upset and is off his food a bit. But it has not been related to his tail. The tail has been forever, as it was with Bubba, our previous dog.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of this area to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. Which breed is Cameron, please?