Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 8yr old female pit has a tumor in her belly, I found this

Customer Question

My 8yr old female pit bull has a tumor in her belly, I found this out last month, is it worth me getting pet insurance, if it is which insurance would I chose?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, my name is***** and I would like to help you today.

Now if the mass has already been found, then I must warn you that most insurance companies won't be willing to cover it. They may still insure Diamond but they would exclude any claims for her mass or anything relating to it. I'm fact, these companies only tend to cover conditions that arise from 14 days past the insurance starting. So from the point of view of this mass, insurance likely won't carry much benefit. So you may find opening a savings account for her and paying monthly into that would be more beneficial in case she needs any treatment for this mass in the future.

Please take care,

Dr. B

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**I would be very grateful if you can rate my recent answer to your question, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). If you have any lingering questions, please reply to me. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)