Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 5 year old miniature

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and I have a 5 year old miniature dachshund that has some fever, not very high. What can I give her to bring it down and make her feel better? Thanks so much!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I believe it is some type of viral infection that is being picked up in my back yard since our toy poodle had the same symptoms about two months ago. I took him to the vet and racked up a large bill running test. The vet got his fever down and he was fine in a few days. Dixie has the same symptoms (fever and weakness) she's just laying around. She continues to eat her food so I don't think it's anything digestive.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog! Can you tell me have you taken her temperature? If so, what has it been?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr. Jess, thank you for your willingness to help me but I am going to wait a day or two and if she doesn't improve or gets worse, I will take her to our vet. Thank you again so much!
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Sure thing. Good luck.