Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

The Tacrolimus eye drops have raised in price and I was

Customer Question

The Tacrolimus eye drops have raised in price and I was trying to find them cheaper or pay for a larger amount. Would you be able to help me?
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: Okay thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: The first vet prescribes basic antibiotic dope/ointment. A second vet prescribed Tacrolimus for life which is triple the cost of antibiotic drops and far less quantity.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The dog is an 8 yr. old shih zu
Expert:  druzair replied 9 months ago.

,

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry no one has assisted you yet, I can aid in you in this format but not with a live phone call unfortunately. The states/province I am licensed in do not allow me to communicate via phone calls, unless I have previously physically examined a pet. I could lose my license for doing so. If you would like I can opt out and see if there is another veterinarian that can make calls.

There is a great site that is used for human and pet medications to find the best price for you locally. It is: http://www.goodrx.com

You simply type in what the medication is and then your zip code and it will find it for you. As for tacrolimus the liquid often has to be compounded so finding a compounding company that is reasonable is the challenge. The two I have used regularly with good prices include:

Monument Pharmacy: http://www.monumentpharmacy.com
Wedgewood Pharmacy: http://www.wedgewoodpetrx.com

I hope you find this information helpful but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!