Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Our dog recently had a litter of puppies. They are between 4

Customer Question

Our dog recently had a litter of puppies. They are between 4 and 5 weeks old. The smallest of the litter seems to have gotten picked on and either has gotten bit a few too many times or has a terrible rash of some kind. When she is kept separate, she whines and wants to be with the others. Her ears, head and face are bumpy and also her neck. There are even bumps on her tummy. How can I get her well? She is so precious. Lab Mix.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am so sorry to hear about this puppy! Is she eating and drinking ok with an ok energy level? Is there any way you can take a photo of her face and tummy?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She is eating a small amount of moist ground puppy food and drinking water but she is small compared to the others. Her mom doesn't seem to want to feed her, so I held mom while Dixie nursed. I will get her and try to get pictures. It will be a short while depending on how cooperative she is.
Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

Ok. Does the muzzle/face appear swollen at all? Once you get the pictures, you can post them here by clicking "add files" or "attach files" which should be near your send button.

Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.
Hi Pam,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Dixie. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay