Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We adopted a stray dog six months ago. We are feeding m a

Customer Question

We adopted a stray dog six months ago. We are feeding him a grain free diet and he seems to be thriving. However he vomits almost every morning after he relieves himself and eats some of his food. He seems to be healthy and still plays and runs around like a normal young dog. I am wondering if I should have the vet check him. He was vetted and checked by the rescue organization, and I had our vet look at him once we brought him home, he passed all vet checks at that time
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the stray dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, we are with him when he is outside. As I said, he eats a grain free diet, and does get a piece of cheese, but no other table food.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Buddy
JA: Huh?
Customer: The dog's name is Buddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buddy?
Customer: No, he seems to be pretty healthy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog! Have you observed him vomit? Does he make a retching noise and have abdominal heaves before the vomit is produced, or does he just kinda open his mouth and out comes the food, without the retching and abdominal heaves?