How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 4991
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my dog ingested antifreeze what should i do?

Customer Question

I think my dog ingested antifreeze what should i do?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Ingestion of antifreeze is an emergency situation. If you are at home and he is still acting normally and you have 3% hydrogen peroxide, I would recommend inducing vomiting and then immediately going to the nearest emergency clinic. Do you have peroxide at home? How much does your dog weigh?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My dad gave him an antibiotic! Some kind of sulphur??? I think he has parvo!!he has diarrhea?? Hes vomiting!
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Ok... so he is acting sick and you are worried it could have been antifreeze then, not that you just saw him ingest it?

How long has this been going on?

How old is he?

Has he had any vaccinations?

How many times has he vomited?

Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

It appears you are not online right now, and I am headed off for the night. I will open your question back up in case someone else is online later when you are available.

Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Checking to see if your dog is still ill today?