Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

Throwing up yellow foam and not eating, I 't think so but

Customer Question

Throwing up yellow foam and not eating
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I don't think so but she won't eat anything
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 10 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lil?
Customer: She is not active like she usually is and this been going on for a couple days now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Is she still drinking? When did she last eat? Try pressing all over and deep into her abdomen. Is she tense or painful if you do that? How many parvo vaccines has she had? Any diarrhea?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she still drinking, she last ate two days ago she had one shot already and no diarrhea I pressed all over her bit she showed no signs of pain

Ok thank you,

She definitely needs to see a vet.

She could have the parvo virus because it takes three parvo virus vaccines given 3-4 weeks apart before she is covered.

She could also have a gastrointestinal infection.

She may have eaten a non-food object that is stuck in the gastrointestinal tract.

The vomiting of the yellow bile indicates a problem with gastrointestinal motility or too much acid in the stomach.

Those are not things you can diagnose at home.

Until you can get her to a vet you can give her pepto bismol. 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of dog every 12 hours.

You can also give her Pepcid AC along with the Pepto. 1/4 of a 10 mg Pepcid Ac tablet every 12 hours.

If her gums feel dry then she is most likely dehydrated. You can give her children's pedialyte drink with a syringe or eye dropper every hour until her gums are moist.

To help keep her blood sugar up when she is not eating rub karo syrup, honey, or pancake syrup on her gums every few hours.

Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm making her an appointment right now

OK great. Thank you.