Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 17lb, 12 year old silky terrier. We just noticed

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 17lb, 12 year old silky terrier. We just noticed she has a swollen lump under her right eye.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the silky terrier's name?
Customer: Roxy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roxy?
Customer: She just went to the vet for her bloodwork (she has epilepsy and is one medicine) has a minor heart murmur, but the doctor said it was okay. She's got some bad teeth, however...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has it been present? Do you think its getting bigger?

Is this lump firm, soft, fluidy, or sore to the touch?

Do you see Roxy rubbing this or pawing at the lump?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.