Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is a shepherd mix weighing approximately 135lbs. He

Customer Question

My dog is a shepherd mix weighing approximately 135lbs. He has a sore on his back hind quarters left side approx. 3" in diamater. All the hair is gone exposing the skin. in itis a circular shape red, irritated, with black spots in it. It it not bleeding and the skin is not broken. It keeps getting larger as he loses the hair around it. He keeps licking it. I do not know how he got this or what it is. When he walks there is a very slight limp. He is not whimpering and let me clean it with a warm wet cloth. it doesn't seem to be getting though. It appears to be getting bigger.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your guy. Can you take a photo of it and post it for me to see what you're seeing? A picture here may be worth a thousand words. The paper clip icon can be used to attach the photo.