Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I found this spot on my 8 year old boxer tonight. What is

Customer Question

I found this spot on my 8 year old boxer tonight. What is this? Red round spot on his snatch. He is eating and drinking with no issues. Just seems a little slow lately. Help.... please...
Very concerned in Sacramento, Ca
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've added some pictures
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Thank you for the photos. There's a considerable amount of erythema - reddening - around a black lobulated skin tumor which is worrisome for melanoma or another aggressive and hyperpigmented skin neoplasm. I would need to shave that area to get a better look at it and I encourage your having Stewie's vet do just that and then advise. I can't rule out an envenomation - flying insect, spider - that happened to occur where that neoplasm is present and that would be the best scenario of all.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.