Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Another silly question. I've been feeding my 7 week old

Customer Question

Hi: Another silly question. I've been feeding my 7 week old puppies 4 times a day. They have an awful lot of poop and it was mushy but getting better now. I gave them Panacur for 3 days and started them on Albon (for the soft stools) also until I receive the real good stuff Marquis. They are playing, eating well, and just loving life. My question is: I was thinking of reducing their food a little to 3X a say. 7 am/12noon/7 pm.
Right now I am feeding 7 a.m./12noon/5 pm/9pm.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I think for puppies of that age, 3 times a day feeding should be fine. Just make sure they are getting the same amount of food. If they are begging for food earlier or seem kind of lethargic or weak, I would give a little bit sooner. I would probably go with 7am, Noon and 5pm as my feeding times, though. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.