Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Curt, we have a 9 pd morky took her to the vet on friday

Customer Question

hi curt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have a 9 pd morky took her to the vet on friday for a follow up blood glucose curve. she was fine when we dropped her off. when we brought her home 9 hours later she would not eat. that morning she was still not eating or drinking ant throughing up been to the vet and emergancy vet they both gave her fluids under her skin and anti voviting meds 4 days and no change. any ideas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your Morky. What did her curve reveal? Was she nicely regulated or did she need a dose adjustment? Were additional diagnostics performed by either her vet or the ER vet including a specCPL blood test which is most sensitive for detecting the presence of pancreatitis - a common cause of vomiting and anorexia in our diabetics?