Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Fluid retention in the right nd leg and joint above foot

Customer Question

Fluid retention in the right hind leg and joint above foot after being hit by a car a week ago.. Took him to the vet and they put him on Lasix and dexamethasone. The fluid has gotten worse since the visit yesterday morning.. Is that normal? He also received injections of both medication's while at the visit.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is the joint actually involved? Was there a wound associated with it?

Has his vet sampled any of the fluid to see what is present?

How long has he been on each drug?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket,Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.