Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My Chihuahua's front legs are collapsing underneath m on a

Customer Question

My Chihuahua's front legs are collapsing underneath him on a regular basis. His wrists buckle and turn under and then he falls over. His hind legs are also unstable and give out as well at times. He is a rescue dog that we have owned for 6 years. The vet estimated that he was 1 to 2 years old when we found him. He has had spinal X-rays and blood tests done. They were all negative
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. No wound. This has been going on and off for a year and is getting worse
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Stan
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Stan?
Customer: JuSt that the bouts of instability are occurring more frequently (daily). We can't take him on a walk
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this problem. This sounds neurological to me. This is not an orthopedic problem although ortho problems of course should be ruled out. Has anyone suggested to you that you should have your dog see a veterinary neurologist. That is what I would recommend especially at a specialty center where there would be other specialists in internal medicine and orthopedic disease. Someone at a place like this could get to the bottom of your dog's issues. If you will leave me info about what city you live in or near I can help you locate someone that can help you with this problem. I will be back online tomorrow night if you would like to leave me a note about where you live. If you are not in or near a larger city let me know the closest larger city to you and I can find you help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional, help. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B