Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

I believe my dog is constipated and she is not eating it has

Customer Question

I believe my dog is constipated and she is not eating it has been at least 4 days or more what can I do for her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr Ola and I am a licensed veterinarian. I am so sorry to hear your dog isn't feeling well.. Four days with not eating is pretty significant. Do you have any other reason to think she may be constipated other than not eating? Usually constipation is associated with straining to defecate or passing really dry, hard stools.. Her decreased appetite could be from a number of conditions or organ dysfunction, especially in an older dog. At this point, I would strongly recommend that you take her to her regular veterinarian or a 24 hours animal hospital. An abdominal x-ray will definitively determine if she is constipated and may be in need of assistance. Other diagnostics such as blood work (complete blood count, blood chemistry) will help rule out any disease process contributing to her loss of appetite.

I hope this advice was helpful to you. Please do not forget to rate my response- I hope you found it to be excellent. Please let me know if I can assist you further by replying to the message.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Ola Barrett

Hello again, I am just checking in to see how your dog is doing? Let me know if you need further advice from me. If not, please rate my response so I can receive credit for helping you and your pet. thanks so much