Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Hes running around like crazy hrs now. He has seizures but

Customer Question

Hes running around like crazy for 14 hrs now. He has seizures but this isn't anything like hes ever had.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Hes on no meds its like he ate drugs n we don't do them or have them anywhere near us
JA: How old is Hes?
Customer: 1 1/2 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hes?
Customer: Its jack and he's had seizures all his life this is just crazy. His eye are so dilated and he crys
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I'm sorry for the long wait.

It sounds like you may be seeing partial seizures or visual seizures. Some seizure dogs will have a seizure in part of the brain that causes behavioral abnormalities, but not true motor seizures. You can think of it like a hallucination.

With the signs going on that long, I would advise seeing a vet and giving a dose of Valium to see if that stops this. Otherwise, you'll just have to ride it out and let it resolve on it's own. I would expect it to resolve within 12-24 hours on it's own, so that's why I think the meds would be ideal.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank u ill try it thank u
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. I hope all goes well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hes better!! Thank u
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

That's great. Thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No problem you and this website are amazing!!! Bless u!
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

Thanks! Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?