Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

My Chihuahua is in active labor her mucus plug came out at

Customer Question

My Chihuahua is in active labor her mucus plug came out at 3:30 that was 2 hours ago steady contractions since then with no result
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Elsie is 10 years of age first pregnancy had radiographs show for puppies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog! Have these contractions been really strong for a full 2 hours? or have they been milder?
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.
If the contractions are definitely strong and have been going on over an hour, then you need to seek emergency veterinary care. If she is just restless and in early labor, this can last for hours before stage 2/active labor begins. I am putting the address below that will take you to an article on birthing puppies and when you need to seek emergency care:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=678
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay