Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog ate my oxcicodone 10/325. She weighs about 15 lbs.

Customer Question

my dog ate my oxcicodone 10/325. She weighs about 15 lbs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She ate a small amount of deer steak. Her stomach was virtually empty. It's been about 45 minutess
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is VERY important that you remove this medication as soon as possible because this can be toxic to dogs especially at this dose. Give your gal 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide per 5 pounds of her weight. Wait 15 minutes and if she has not vomited this medication, do this again. You can safely do this 3 times if within a 2 hr window. even if you do not see this pill, it often will dissolve but you can be sure, if she vomits, that the pill has been removed and she will be fine. If you do not have peroxide, concentrated salt water will do the same thing.

If you cannot do this, take your gal to your vet right away. They will have other medications to induce vomiting.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will she die
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will she die if we can't make her vomit

This is a possibility with this overdose of this very strong medication....if you get her treated within this 2 hr window, she wil be safe. Like I said, your vet has the medication to ensure that she will vomit this drug so if you cannot get this done, take her to your vet. It is important.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta