Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 150 lb 8 year old st. ***** ***** is in alot of

Customer Question

my 150 lb 8 year old st. ***** ***** is in alot of discomfort pain in his rear hind quarters playing ball today he came up lame and can bearly walk vet in the a.m. but jake is really suffering now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he seems to have bad joints hips elbows knees etc. he is on msn, meloicam, glucosomine and seemed to make a difference todays injurie was sudden and came really out of nowhere
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can i give him 5-10mgs of oxycodone or same of hydrocodone?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. Thank you for requesting me. I am sorry I was not online when you asked your question.

If he is 150 pounds, you can give 5 mg of hydro or oxycodone, but only if there is no other additive such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) in it. Often there is something besides just the hydro or oxycodone in medication for people. These are not the best pain relievers in dogs, but should be safe until you can take him to a veterinarian for something better.

Aspirin may actually help him more. If he is eating, he can take 1 to 2 aspirins, with food, once to twice daily; I would start with just one. If he vomits, do not repeat it.

I am sorry but I am not able to make calls for the website. Let me know if I can help with or answer anything else. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

How is your dog doing? I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Let me know if I can help with or answer anything else.