Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My name is ***** *****, My dog has just presented with

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, My dog has just presented with sudden inability to walk - seems like one or both hind legs are not working.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband was asleep and heard a thump - he woke up and the dog was unable to walk. She also seems to have possibly lost control of her bladder and bowels.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an update on your dog?

2- Breed?

3- Pre existing medical conditions?

4- Age?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In the interim, we have taken our dog to an emergency clinic where the vet diagnosed a vestibular problem - possibly old dog vestibular syndrome or possibly due to a tumor. Dog has improved and is now resting comfortably at home. We will monitor and work with our regular vet moving forward.

Fantastic, I am happy to learn she was seen by ER veterinarian. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Dr. Peter