Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I am ***** *****. The doctor asked me to give my dog who is

Customer Question

Hi, I am ***** *****. The doctor asked me to give my dog who is 30kg, 45mg of cisapride a day, sounds high and in China not available. He has an ulcer, can I give him domperidone? if yes, is 15mg the right amount? My Chinese is poor.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WBC, mch, MCV and gran are high xray and contrast xray show no obstruction
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, if your dog has a gastrointestinal ulcer I would recommend you discuss with your vet about treating him with Sucralfate. Cisapride is a medication used mainly for motility disorder. In the meantime you can start him on Pepcid AC (famoditine) 10mg every 12 hours. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy. Do Not give domperidone, it is not used in dogs to treat ulcers.

The dose for Cisapride is between 0.1-0.5mg/kg every 8-12 hours. But, has been used as high as 1mg/kg.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!