Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

My rabbit ate some of a folic acid pill, is it safe? It's a

Customer Question

My rabbit ate some of a folic acid pill, is it safe?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a b vitamin complex with folic acid & she ate some of it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you are concerned because your little one chewed on and ingested some of a vitamin B folic acid supplement.

The good news is that vitamin B in all of its forms is a water soluble vitamin. That means it is very hard to overdose on because any additional is easily excreted and doesn't hang around in the body the way that fat soluble vitamins would.

Your little one should be fine with a one time higher than usual dose.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Kara
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions after reading my response. If you do please feel free to respond with them. If not and you found my information helpful please remember to rate my response positively so I may receive credit for my work thank you, ***** *****