Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My 6 1/2 year old schitzu is having problems. She was quite

Customer Question

my 6 1/2 year old schitzu is having problems. She was quite constipated but did manage to pass feces but now is trembling and rubbing her anus on any rough surface. I took her to a veterinarian about 4 weeks ago and they cleaned her anal glands . Any suggestions as to what I can do I bathed her is warm water and applied antibiotic ointment. Any other suggestions as to what I can do to relieve her discomfort. Thnkyou
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this....I would suggest that you purchase some DSS tablets

Dioctyl (docusate sodium) 100 mg capsules and try giving 1 of these twice daily to loosen up the stool. For longer term you can add pumpkin into your dogs diet. As far as for comfort for your dog now, I would suggest some panalog ointment or if you do not have this apply some hydrocortisone to the rectal area to reduce swelling and irritation. This should help her feel better.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need further help.I will check back with you in the am. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I am checking back with you to see if you need further assistance. I will check back with you tonight to see if you have posted any questions. Sincerely, DRB