Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a dog who is 8 years old and had blood test showing

Customer Question

Virginia-I have a dog who is 8 years old and had blood test showing she has a high blood level of potassium. The food he is recommending is very expensive and I am unable to afford it. Is this the only alternative?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am out of work and have heart issues which is taking most of my extra income.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian. Your requested expert appears not to be online; can I help?

Has it been determined why the potassium is so high; does your dog have kidney disease or has he been tested for Addison's disease?

What is the food that was recommended?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think they called FO
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

Gosh, I don't know that food. What is it meant for: kidney disease?

Has he been tested for Addison's disease? There must be an underlying reason for the high potassium.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

How is your dog doing?