Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My name is ***** ***** I am worried about my 1-year old

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am worried about my 1-year old papillon dog. She was fine today; she's generally quite energetic. I come home after leaving her for 2 hours and she seems to be dazed. She cannot seem to walk straight (sort of like when someone is very drunk), but she can run for short bursts. When I hold her she just falls limp in my hands.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She seems to just want to sleep, but she's completely limp (when I'm holding her) When she tries to walk a bit, she soon sits down and simply starts itching herself Her eyes dilate (I just shone a light on each eye) She has no appetite
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Papillon. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

If you check her gums, are they pink or pale?

Could she have gotten any drugs, medication, into the garbage and eaten something?

Can she eat and drink?