Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I'm really shaking my 1.5 female husky is in heat and i took

Customer Question

Hey!! I'm really shaking my 1.5 female husky is in heat and i took her to my friend whos got a male husky so they should be already preg,, now i go outside my dog is crying and a latger dpg is "rapping" her, i couldnt seprate them its unblievable,, will my dog be ok does it mean she wasnt preg before?? Plz help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Noo
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can u answer
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

It simply means that superfecundation - insemination by more than one male - is now possible. She either won't become pregnant from either dog, just one dog, or both. There are a number of methods to abort her if you're interested in doing so. You can discuss the use of prostaglandin, dexamethasone, mifepristone, bromocriptine, or cabergoline with her vet. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.